I need assistance with the WebRTC job board.
Remember? I’m doing Chicken & Egg projects now. This time I want to focus on the WebRTC Job Board.
I’ve been contemplating for over a year to build a job board, and in a way where I can sustain the costs of operating it (as well as making a bit of money out of it). In the end, the decision was to do it with a simple business model used in many places elsewhere: those who wish to post a job, pay. Those who wish to apply for a job just apply.
I have one of the largest WebRTC news/blog sites in terms of traffic. At the moment, it is upwards of 30K page views a month and growing steadily. People who read my blog are mostly focused on WebRTC. Many of them developers. So this should be the perfect placement for a targeted WebRTC job board.
What did I learn in the month since the launch?
- The people who deal with posting job listings are usually from HR. These people don’t really know my blog
- Recruiters want to see more job postings before they place their own, which brings me to a chicken & egg problem
Why use this job board?
- The price isn’t high. Posting a job through LinkedIn starts at $199. That’s twice my price, and 4 times the promotional price that is available until the end of March
- It is focused. The traffic of my website and job listings page is focused, and the people accessing it are the best out there (I know by the emails and comments I receive)
- It is risk free. I offer a guarantee of satisfaction – if you aren’t satisfied with the results, I return the money invested in posting a job
- It is suitable for both hiring employees and contracting/outsourcing work
What I’ve done since launch?
- Streamlined the posting process, so it should be easy for people to post a job – try it out
- Added an email subscription (at the bottom of the job listing page). If you are on the lookout for WebRTC jobs and projects, just subscribe by email to receive immediate updates when something turns up
What do I need you to do?
- If you are consulting or outsourcing development related to WebRTC, subscribe to the listing
- If your company works in the domain of WebRTC, please make your HR aware of this option to promote their open positions
- If you know of anyone looking for WebRTC developers and experts, tell them about this WebRTC Job Board
- If you have additional ideas on how this can grow, I am all ears
Have a great weekend!