Time for another update.
Only 4 months have passed since I released my last update to the Choosing a WebRTC API Platform report and things have already changed enough to merit another update.
Some of the things we’ve seen?
- Requestec got acquired by
- Tropo got acquired by Cisco
- Twilio added video and made a slew of interesting announcements
- Acision got acquired by Comverse
- VoxImplant introduced messaging capabilities
- SightCall sets its sights on visual support use cases
- And the list goes on…
The report, as it is, currently covers 19 vendors: AddLive (Snapchat), APIdaze, Apizee, CafeX, Forge (Acision/Comverse), Kandy, OnSIP, ooVoo, OpenClove, Plivo, Requestec (Blackboard), Respoke, SightCall, Sinch, Temasys, TokBox, Tropo (Cisco), Twilio and VoxImplant.
AddLive and Requestec are now out of the game. Others may evaporate by year end. There are other players who are in this market and I am setting my sights on adding.
Which vendors do you think are missing in this report? What topics should I cover beyond those in the current table of contents?
I’d love to get your feedback.
The next update of this report will occur during September timeframe.