Yap. It is that time of the year for me.
In the past two months there have been lots and lots of summaries, predictions and even reports thrown around about different markets. That’s what you get at the passing of a year.
I had my share of such articles written recently as well:
- WebRTC market expected to see more gradual changes
- CPaaS and API trends: Forecasting the future of embedded communications
But it is now time for something that will become a tradition here I hope, which is the yearly WebRTC Start of the Market infographic. I did one last year, so why not this time around as well?
Yes. I know. This one is almost a month into 2017, and I’ve written 2017 and not 2016 on it. In a sense, it was about practicallity – we care about what comes next more than what happened. To some of us, 2016 is almost a long forgotten memory already.
About the Infographic
What’s different this year in the infographic?
- I decided to have a sponsor, and Vidyo were kind enough t oblige and assist. As time pass, it is becoming increasingly difficult to collect and maintain all of my WebRTC dataset fresh, so having vendors pitch in and help make it worthwhile is great. So thanks!
- It includes a webinar
- Last year I had a private Virtual Coffee session on this topic to my customers
- This year I am doing a public webinar with Vidyo about this topic and the findings
Vidyo and BlogGeek.me will be hosting a webinar on 2017 WebRTC Market Outlook. I’ll be joining Nicholas Reid, which will make this all the more fun (doing a webinar solo is… lonely).
We will be covering the various stats in the infographic, go over trends and see how we think they will develop into 2017. We will also discuss the just announced Vidyo.io CPaaS and see how it fits into this outlook.
2017 is bound to be interesting and dynamic, so join us.
2017 WebRTC Market Outlook
When? Tuesday, February 7, 2017; 3 pm eastern / noon pacific
- Over 1,100 vendors and projects using WebRTC, and just looking at the adoption numbers of January 2017, I can say we’re in for an interesting ride this year
- Largest markets using WebRTC? Customer Management and specific verticals (Healthcare and Education lead the way)
- Outsourcing vendors are cropping like mushrooms after the rain with growth of over 100% in 2016. With the pressure and challenge of finding experienced developers for WebRTC, it is no surprise that many outsourcing vendors are either adding WebRTC to their technology warchest or going all out and focusing in WebRTC projects
- Live streaming is going strong with 70% growth in 2016. This will continue into 2017 as well, taking a lot of the attention span of enterpreneurs in the social media space
- In CPaaS there are many ways to split the market. One of them, is by horizontal and vertical players. The dynamics here are truly fascinating, along with the acquisitions in this specific domain (Xura, Twilio and Sinch)
That’s the big question, and one I’ll be focusing on a lot this year.
Here’s what you can do next:
- Register to the webinar and meet Nicholas and myself there
- Subscribe to my newsletter, so you don’t miss out. Lots of interesting announcements coming soon
Thanks again for Vidyo for sponsoring this infographic.